These postcards were created by women survivors of gender-based violence/hatred and others who are concerned with women’s oppression. The postcards are visual representations of lived experiences and serve to more accurately depict the empowering and disempowering experiences of women. By displaying women’s personal stories in public space, I intend to politicize women’s personal and raise awareness of women's issues in an attempt to stop acts of gender-based violence/hatred.
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Week 8
d. Visual response to the prompt: "A time when you or another woman you know felt/was violated"
I only go for walks during the day. I always try to remember to bring my cell phone and pepper spray with me. It doesn't matter where you live; women always have to be on guard and protect themselves.
I am also very vigilant when walking/running. If possible I always have my dog. If not I pretend to be on my cell phone and often times carry pepper spray
I only go for walks during the day. I always try to remember to bring my cell phone and pepper spray with me. It doesn't matter where you live; women always have to be on guard and protect themselves.
ReplyDeleteI am also very vigilant when walking/running. If possible I always have my dog. If not I pretend to be on my cell phone and often times carry pepper spray
ReplyDelete