These postcards were created by women survivors of gender-based violence/hatred and others who are concerned with women’s oppression. The postcards are visual representations of lived experiences and serve to more accurately depict the empowering and disempowering experiences of women. By displaying women’s personal stories in public space, I intend to politicize women’s personal and raise awareness of women's issues in an attempt to stop acts of gender-based violence/hatred.
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Week 8
f. Visual response to the prompt: "A time when you or another woman you know felt/was violated"
I feel for you. I couldn't imagine not even feeling safe in your own home. Even after living on my own for so long. Nothing can compare to the feeling of safety and comfort I have whenever I go home to my parents.
How sad that this actually happens in some homes.Being home with your parents should be the place that you feel safe and secure, not a place where you are being abused. SAD!
I feel for you. I couldn't imagine not even feeling safe in your own home. Even after living on my own for so long. Nothing can compare to the feeling of safety and comfort I have whenever I go home to my parents.
ReplyDeleteIt saddens me to think that people go through life thinking about their past, and how it continues to haunt their everyday.
ReplyDeleteHow sad that this actually happens in some homes.Being home with your parents should be the place that you feel safe and secure, not a place where you are being abused. SAD!
ReplyDelete